03 December 2012

blue loves white



 ***


 ***

 ***

 ***



 ***

 ***


 ***


 ***

 ***


Quing Dynasty Moon Flask

I have been having a love affair with blue and white. Something about this cool colour scheme just seems so tranquil, so elegant, so serene. I never tire of seeing it. 

My favourite expression of this classic colour pairing is in the form of china. In many places, during many eras, blue and white china has been popular, from everyday dishes to extravagant vases.

This year, my partner and I have the pleasure of hosting Christmas at our place (which is getting to be quite a production!). Upon realizing that we did not have enough dishes to serve everyone invited, we bought a lovely blue and white set of porcelain dishes over the weekend. I was thrilled to find them at our local Target store on clearance. This set seems to have been inspired by my favourite pattern, Royal Copenhagen. Let me tell you, this find made my day! I hope this is a sign that the holiday will be a good one.

No comments: