27 December 2012

Spanish Flair































Since the Christmas festivities are winding down, I'm in the mood to look at beautiful rooms, once again (not surprisingly, that didn't take long!).

This gorgeous house in Spain's Basque country, designed by Isabel López-Quesada, was once a factory. Now, as you can see, it is a gracious family home, full of sunshine and warmth. 

I always enjoy seeing rooms with vaulted ceilings and exposed beams, so how could I not adore this house? I love the quirky dual staircase in the lounge. My other favourite element in this home is the pair of stainless steel refrigerators in the kitchen. I would love to have those--and a kitchen large enough to put them in! Dare to dream...

I hope you all are enjoying a fabulous holiday week.

{all images found here}

2 comments:

Laurie Eno said...

So many textures!

lamb and blonde said...

Yes--that's another thing I love about this home!