29 January 2012

Sunday Brunch: a gluten-free menu

 Brussel sprouts with chorizo sausages and onion


Yesterday, my boyfriend, Glen, and I hosted lunch for a couple of friends of ours, one of whom is gluten intolerant. When we were planning the get-together, we weren't sure whether we were going to brunch or lunch, at first. So, I had looked into recipes for either occasion. 


We ended up having a very informal barbecue-style lunch--complete with Australia-shaped burgers, for their kitsch appeal, sausages, and chicken. The wine we served was a lovely sparkling rose from Banrock Station. Our friends brought a green salad and a couscous salad. We had strawberries and cream for dessert. (Glen and I had planned to make strawberry ice cream, but we were rather lazy the night before! oops)


I'm off on a tangent! I meant to tell you about the brunch recipes I had found. Anyway... here they are. I have made Spanish-style tortillas before, and I can tell you that they are delicious. I have yet to try the other dishes, shown above. Of course, the raspberries over custard would be very easy and simple, and would work well with yogurt or ice cream. I would really like to make the poached eggs over polenta, with pesto (minus the olives, since I'm not a fan of them--I'd just use fresh basil pesto). That recipe looks so tasty! If anyone tries it, let me know how it went.


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: