17 January 2012

birth.day.dream

 ***
 ***
 (source unknown)
(source unknown)
 ***
 ***
 ***
 Vogue cover from 1922 (source unknown)
(source unknown)

Today happens to be my birthday, so I thought I'd share some pretty pictures and happy words with you. Just think of it like a virtual birthday party!

I'm looking forward to spending the day with the love of my life, Glen, whose presence in my life is by far the greatest gift I have ever received. This afternoon, Glen and I will be enjoying ourselves at a local beach town, for a swim and a stroll--if it is not too hot to go! (The high temp today is expected to be 40C/ 112F.) Later we will be going out to dinner at a restaurant that we have been meaning to try. I'm excited. 


This year is going to be a very good one. I can feel it.


P.S. I know the date for this post says 16 January, but that is the wrong time zone for me. My birthday is actually 17 January.

9 comments:

Inga said...

Happy birthday sweet Kim :) It looks like a great day, enjoy it!

Champagne Macarons said...

Wishing you a most wonderful birthday! I hope it's everything you wish for...

Thank you for your visit today. It's always nice to meet new friends.

xoxo, B

Anonymous said...

rah rah! woo hoo! tra la la and a spin. Happy birthday beauty. wishing you many happy days/nights.

love the images! :)

Laurie Eno said...

May your birthday be as lovely as you are!

Laurie

katiya (@freshncurly) said...

Happy Birthday to you! 112 degrees is blistering! Oh my...! Your blog images continue to amaze me (today's included). Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Elle said...

Your virtual birthday party is lovely! :)
Have a wonderful birthday afternoon at the beach! My husband always do "birthday weeks" where all week we pamper the person and give gifts and take them on dates! Haha...its so much fun!

~ Elle

lamb and blonde said...

Thank you all SO much for your lovely birthday greetings! I really appreciate every single one. :)

lamb and blonde said...

Birthday update:

In the morning, Glen and his daughters and I had blueberry torte cake for morning tea (complete with the singing of "happy Birthday" and "hip-hip-hoorays" at the end, which was new to me!). The cake was delicious. It was very light, with custard filling and chocolate curls on top. (I wish we had remembered to take a photo!)

In the afternoon, Glen and I went to the beach, where we had a very nice stroll. We decided not to swim (just not in the mood for it).

In the evening, we decided to go to our favourite Thai restaurant, instead of trying a new place, because we knew dinner would be great there, which it was. I got green curry chicken, and we both had Chardonnay.

The whole day was just wonderful!

lamb and blonde said...

P.S. How could I forget? On my birthday, we even squeezed in a visit to Ikea, where we found a white coffee table on sale for only $49! We both really like it. Bargains are always great to find!