16 August 2013

Alice in Wonderland Winter Wedding

To wrap up Wedding Week, I just had to share this enchanting winter wedding in Austria, which had an Alice in Wonderland theme. 
















This amazing wedding was a dream-come-true for bride Sabrina and groom Hubert.The couple wanted a wedding day full of fantasy, a winter daydream capturing the magic of Lewis Carroll's beloved tale Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.














When I first saw this wedding, I was immediately smitten with it, especially because Alice was one of my favourite books as a child. All that beautiful white snow also made my heart skip a beat. Being from a cold climate myself, in Ohio in America, I grew up playing in the snow, and I miss it a bit, now that I live in Australia.














Sabrina and Hubert had a whirlwind romance across countries and cultures. Sabrina is German, and Hubert is French. They met in Las Vegas in 2008, and moved to London after living in France for a year. I can certainly relate to their love story, having met the great love of my life across 10, 000 miles, and making the leap to be together.
























For their perfect winter wedding, the couple decided to go to Austria. To evoke the Alice in Wonderland theme, Sabrina had a Victorian-inspired gown made, including a matching jacket, for warmth, while Hubert wore an antique suit and top hat. My favourite design elements of this wedding are the fabulous cake and table decorations, along with the delightful storybook touches, like the "Drink Me" bottles and pocket watches.
























An after-wedding photo shoot extended their guests' enjoyment, and allowed the couple to have lots of additional--and very colourful!--photos, to remember their nuptials. How fun!




















Sources: 
All wedding images found at Roses and Lace, where you can read more about this amazing wedding
After-wedding photos found at Carmen and Ingo Photography
Photography: Carmen and Ingo
Wedding Planning and Concept: Doreen Winking Weddings
Hair & Make-up: Amory Uhlmann
Flowers:Julia Hörl via Hörl Floral Kreativ
Stationery: Sonja Bührke via Die Exklusiven Einaldungskarten
Wedding Cake: Alma Pasteles
Horse and Carriage: Franz Gasteiger via Reitstall Henntalhof

No comments: