03 September 2012

Brick can be beautiful









Who knew that brick could be so beautiful? I was beginning to doubt it.

Here in South Australia, most homes are made of brick. Honestly, I'm pretty tired of seeing brick houses. But, I've got to say, this brick patio in the Hollywood Hills is gorgeous. I guess, as with any material, what matters is how you use it.

I love the elegant topiary, relaxed seating, and blue and white china pots accenting this lovely outdoor room. Terra cotta pots tie into the colour of the brick. Aren't those curved french doors just beautiful? And check out that huge double door at the top tier of the terraced garden. It makes me wonder if there is a fabulous secret garden on the other side!

{All images found here; garden designed by Mark D. Sikes}

No comments: