07 August 2012

Why not?



I found this image the other day, and it has been floating around in the back of my mind ever since. It looks as if whoever painted this lovely wall mural just woke up one day, looked at those blank white walls and said "You know what? I'm going to paint something fantastic today." 

Yes, indeed. Why not?

Ok, we all know the answer to that... The landlord might disapprove, for example. But it is still a beautiful idea! I, for one, am tired of looking at "rental white" walls. You know, that boring warm off-white shade which no one likes but every apartment seems required to have. Maybe that's why this picture is appealing to me right now. I suppose I should go back to painting on canvases, and stop thinking about painting the walls.

{image source unknown}

1 comment:

michele said...

it's magic!

wish i had the talent and nerve to go for it!

michele