17 January 2013

happy happy day









































Today happens to be the day on which I can say that I have lived on this planet for one more year. That makes me 38, in human years. Maybe in tortoise years, it would be a more pleasing number. Ah, well... c'est la vie! It has been a very good year.

It's been a happy day, for me--and a happy evening yesterday, when my beloved and I celebrated a bit early. There has been fabulous Thai food, chocolate, ice cream cake, wine, balloons, streamers, and lots of love and loveliness to make me smile. I have my amazing boyfriend, Glen, to thank for all of it. I am a very lucky gal, to share my life with such a wonderful guy.

.......

One more thing made me smile today, and that was to find out that I have been chosen for a Versatile Blogger award, by Miss B of bobochic. Thank you so much, Miss B! I'm honoured to be chosen. What a nice birthday present.


{image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (unknown), 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (unknown), 13, 14, 15 (unknown), 16, 17, 18, 19, 20}

5 comments:

miss b said...

So pleased that you like your award - you deserve it! Your blog is a lovely space with varied posts and beautiful images too. Happy Birthday!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

michele said...

happy birthday!

what gorgeous inspiring images you have shared in celebration. and i love the commentary about tortoise years...

sending light and sparkles.

michele

designchic said...

Oh so much beauty - I can see why you got the award. Thrilled to be your newest follower!!

Lavita said...

To a very special Birthday Girl,
Wish you a gorgeous birthday, full of pleasant surprises, fun, love, and happiness. May you have a brilliant year ahead. Have a sparkling time dearest Kim :)
~Lavita...

lamb and blonde said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet birthday wishes! I do feel sparkly now. :)