24 January 2015

glam winter nails

Although it is summer here in the land down under, I always love finding trend inspiration from back home in America. The trends usually end up here, a few months later, so it helps to give me an idea of what's coming up on the fashion horizon. Also, I believe that you should wear whatever you like, regardless of seasonal trends and other fads. Why not? That is what true style is all about, in my opinion.

I love the glam winter nail colours featured on Julep this season. Moody shades of violet, blue, and bronze are definitely shades I cam get into. I'm a cool colour kinda gal, a January baby (p.s. I just had a major birthday, and I'm still trying to embrace the new decade I'm now a part of... the fabulous 40s!). So, if you are like me, you're going to love these nail colours, too.



I also like Julep's tips for "winterizing" your nails. Since I live in a dry climate, these tips would be great for me to keep in mind pretty much all year long. To be honest, I rarely paint my finger nails, since they always seem to chip within 24 hours. I always paint my toe nails, though. I just can't stand seeing my toe nails naked! Maybe if I get the chance (aka the baby's nap time), I could treat myself to a manicure. Yes, that sounds good to me!



No comments: