30 May 2013

Room Love: Blue

I'm in a blue mood today...

 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***
 ***

I've been daydreaming about the Dream House again. I'm picturing blue design elements being used throughout the house. I'm envisioning the front door being painted a beautiful blue (the same colour as the one shown above), and the study being painted a gorgeous blue hue (much like Jeanette Whitson's library painted Farrow Ball’s Hague Blue, top image, shown above)--actually, they seem to be nearly the same shade. I have always loved blues, from light to dark, cool to warm, I love them all.

Maybe the reason I'm in the mood for the colour blue today is because, two days ago, Glen and I found out that we are having a baby boy. I'm 20 weeks along, which means that I'm halfway through my pregnancy. It's so exciting to imagine our life with this new little person. As much as I'm a girly girl, and I adore all things pink and pretty and feminine, I will certainly love this boy of ours.

4 comments:

Laurie Eno said...

Nobody does blue like you do blue! And congrats again on the boy bun in the oven. There is SO much cute stuff out there for boys, I have no doubt he will be one styling little man. Can't wait to see him and watch him grow (albeit from a distance).

lamb and blonde said...

Thank you so much, Laurie! I'm going to enjoy shopping for him, and sharing photos and stories of life with a baby. :-)

Jeannette Whitson said...

Hi Kim-it makes me so happy that my blue library is giving you inspiration all the way over in Australia! I was an expat in Jakarta, Indonesia for four years so know what it's like to be so far away from home. Good luck to you and congrats on a beautiful baby boy - mine just turned 17 and he's been a lot of fun!

Best,

Jeannette

lamb and blonde said...

Jeanette, Thank you so much for dropping by, and for your kind comments. :-)